USA - Tax - ITTS - International Corporate Tax Advisory - JD/LLM - Staff 2
Locations: Boston, Massachusetts; McLean, Virginia
Requisition ID: 1138281
Please remember to apply only to two jobs within a 6-month period.Apply now
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY offers a variety of career paths and opportunities, and with so many options, we understand it can be hard to choose. To have the best candidate experience, we encourage you to apply to no more than 2 positions within a 6-month period.
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Careers at EY (https://www.ey.com/en_us/careers). Prior to completing your application, please be diligent in reviewing the job description to ensure you meet the qualifications for the position.
If we are unable to consider you for this particular position, a recruiter may contact you to gauge your interest in other opportunities at EY.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits.
Tax - International Tax and Transaction Services - International Corp Tax Advisory - JD LLM - Staff 2
Our dedicated international tax professionals assist our clients with their cross-border tax obligations, planning, reporting and risk management. We will work with them to build proactive and truly integrated global tax strategies that address the tax risks of today’s businesses and achieve sustainable growth.
Our clients’ businesses will succeed only if they’re built on strong foundations and grown in a sustainable way. At EY, we believe that managing our clients’ tax obligations responsibly and proactively can make a critical difference.
As part of International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) – International Corporate Tax Advisory (ICTA) team, you’ll provide to our clients’ technical knowledge, business judgment, consistency and an unwavering commitment to quality service for whatever services our clients need and wherever our clients are located.
Join our integrated global network of international tax professionals who help clients manage business tax responsibilities, including managing global tax risks and meeting cross-border obligations. Our multidisciplinary teams cover services involving management of global operational changes and transactions, capitalization and repatriation issues, transfer pricing and supply chains – from forward planning through reporting, to maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities.
You’ll be trusted to consult on complex tax matters that you’ll research and analyze a client’s issue to get a better understanding of the business need, communicate your findings and then articulate an approach in a way your client can understand.
Your key responsibilities
- Building on technical competence by keeping up-to-date on trends, developments and technical authorities and applying them to moderately complex situations
- Providing timely and high-quality services and work products that clients expect
- Building client relationships and demonstrating knowledge of client business
- Demonstrating professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
- Contributing to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; actively seeking assignments when unassigned; proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services; challenging traditional procedures used in the past; and attempting to find new, more effective approaches
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Have or be working toward a JD and/or LLM in Taxation
- Membership or anticipated membership in a US state bar
- A strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in a professional environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Access to reliable transportation to/from the EY office and client sites. A driver’s license is strongly recommended as ride share and public transportation options may not be available in all locations.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society - building a better working work, together
- A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid-time-off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in person.
EY complies with all local laws and regulations. You can find more information here.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at Customer Support.